Welcome to album’s documentation!
album is a framework for scientific data processing with software solutions of heterogeneous tools. With a focus on open-source scientific software, album is used to run, distribute, and create software solutions composed of tools implemented in a variety of languages. An underlying motivation of album is support of FAIR (Findable, Accessible, Interoperable, and Reproducible) software solutions that supports a wide variety of tools that run natively, on HPCs, require interactivity, and more.
album has been tested with tools implemented in Python, C++, R, Java, Kotlin, and more.
- Command line overview
- Installing album
- Usage instructions for album
- Developing solutions
- Catalog management
- Catalog types
- How to automatically share solutions to GitLab / GitHub
- How to create and use a local catalog
- How to manually share a local catalog on GitLab / GitHub
- How to track solution development [within the catalog repository]
- How to create a catalog with a website representation
- Rapid prototyping
- DOI support for solutions
- REST API
- Python API
- Contributing to album